1854 - Woodley School is built
1871 - The foundation stone is laid to build St John the Evangelist Church
1873 - St John the Evangelist church is built by Robert Palmer as a daughter church of St Andrew's, Sonning.
1881 - The Ecclesiastical Parish of Woodley came into existence.
1911 - St John's Mothers' Union founded.
1960s - St James Church was planted by St Mary's, Castle Street, Reading in co-operation with St John the Evangelist.
1973 - St James Church building in Southlake, Woodley is completed.
1987 - St John the Evangelist Church extension completed.
1988 - Woodley Church of England School moves to a new school building on the Airfield Estate. The old school buildings are given in trust to St John the Evangelist to be used as a church hall.
1991 - Emmanuel Church planted in the Southlake Church Hall.
1992 - Woodley Anglican churches become a Team Ministry.
1993 - The Airfield Church (LEP) planted by St John the Evangelist and the Congregational and Methodist Congregation of Christ Church, Woodley.
2007 - Woodley Anglican churches become a Group Ministry.
2009 - St James Church becomes a Benefice.
2010 - Emmanuel Church becomes a District Church.
2012 - Emmanuel Church becomes a Conventional District Church, and with the re-organisation of Woodley parish boundaries, they are now part of the Benefice of St James'.
VICARS AND RECTORS
1881 - The Revd Ernest Angel Gray: vicar
1913 - The Revd Frederick F. Penruddock: vicar
1925 - The Revd Philip Gray: vicar
1930 - The Revd Cyril Donne: vicar
1940 - The Revd W. H. Trebble: vicar
1945 - The Revd K.F. Way: vicar
1948 - The Revd H. W. H. Wilkinson: vicar
1974 - The Revd John Eastgate: vicar
1983 - The Revd John Congdon: vicar
1990 - The Revd Ian Watson: vicar/rector
1996 - The Revd Fred Woods: rector
2002 - The Revd Ann Douglas: rector
2008 - The Revd Edilberto (Eddie) Márquez-Picón: vicar